FL Studio is a fully featured, open-architecture music creation and production environment for Windows. No extra software is required to produce virtually any style of music. A complete set of instruments and studio tools are included in the price of the package. Create complete songs, backing tracks, loops and sizzling beats, then save them to WAV, MP3, OGG, MIDI or native project format (FLP/ZIP).
Make any sound. FL12 includes over 30 software synthesizers covering a range of synthesis techniques (subtractive, modeling, FM, granular and additive). Sounds span acoustic/synthetic bass, leads, pads, electric guitar and plucked string simulation. The sample based instruments shine with piano, strings, multi-sample instruments and loop/beat-slicing.
Audio Recording & Editing
With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs on your audio-interface, FL Studio has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar or a full symphony orchestra. Audio can then be arranged, with complete freedom in the Playlist. Features include the ability to host an unlimited number of audio recordings, time-stretching, pitch-shifting, beat-slicing, cropping, editing and the re-arranging of audio with complete creative freedom. FL10 audio editing is further enhanced with Edison, a recording wave editor. FL Studio supports WAV, MP3 and OGG audio formats.
Compose and record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. FL12 functions as both a pattern and track based sequencer, depending on user preferences. Tools include a Step-sequencer, an industry-leading Piano roll and Automation Clips. FL Studio supports MIDI input from all standard Controllers (Keyboards, Pads &, Mixers etc).
Determine your own project design. In FL12, you decide how your project will be laid out. Unlike the competition, FL12’s Playlist is a totally flexible and virtually unbounded workspace where Note patterns, Audio and Automation data can be arranged and edited to suit your creative flow.
Mixing & Mastering
FL10’s industry-leading mixer is about total control and flexibility. Each track can hold up to 8 plugin effects & be routed to any of the other 98 insert tracks, one of 4 dedicated ‘send’ channels and/or the Master. More than 40 effect plugins are included spanning - compression, delay, distortion, EQ, filtering, phasing, flanging, chorus, vocoding, visual analysis and reverb. Whether you are using creative broad-brush effects or into the minutia of mastering, FL Studio has it covered.
What's new in FL studio 12
- FL Studio 12 is vectorial so the interface can scale for large monitors and touch-screens.
- Step sequencer can be detached from main window
- Menu bar can be hidden
- Plugin selector button added to make finding your plugins even easier
- Pattern menu relocated to “Menu” bar
- Piano roll view switch added to easily go back and forth from piano roll to steps mode.
- Swing now added independently for each channel in sequencer
- If you are using a touch screen, multi-touch can be enabled allowing you to “play” the onscreen piano.
- Some native plugins have been updated
- FL Studio will run on any machine using Windows 7/Vista & XP or
- Mac (Intel) using Boot Camp, Parallels (not included).
- The faster your CPU and the more cores it has, the more you will be able to do simultaneously.
- Soundcard (ASIO/ASIO 2 & DirectSound)
- 1GB free disk space
- Athlon XP or Pentium 4 (or higher) required
- 1Gb memory or higher recommended
- This software comes on a CD ROM