Garritan Personal Orch. 5
MAKEMUSIC RELEASES GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA 52015-11-20
Major update to award-winning sound library includes additional instruments and techniques
Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO) democratized the creation of orchestral music by making a comprehensive collection of virtual orchestral instruments both accessible and affordable. GPO 5 continues in this tradition by vastly expanding the number of included instruments and offering new techniques, performance spaces and reverbs, and instrument body resonances. The result empowers musicians to produce truly inspiring symphonic sounds with a much higher level of realism.
GPO 5 features a complete orchestra with strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, and keyboards. This update is five times larger than GPO 4 and now offers more than 500 instruments. Additions include:
* 77 new section string articulations and 24 new solo string articulations with new techniques, special effects, and body instrument resonances.
* 6 additional choir groups with 24 patches, including boys’ and children’s choirs as well as sopranos, altos, tenors and basses.
* Updated brass instruments from the renowned ProjectSAM.
* Two new concert grand pianos: a legendary 9’ Model D and a 7’ Model B.
* Completely new harp instruments with harp pedaling emulation, a custom organ console for expanded pipe organ control, more than 16 new impulse response presets, and much more.
GPO 5 also incorporates Sonic Morphing, an innovative technology that produces seamless dynamics ranging from the very quietest pianissimo to the loudest, most audacious forte sounds – with a continuous variety of timbre changes along the way. “A press release simply cannot convey the magnitude of GPO 5,” said Gary Garritan, MakeMusic’s director of instrumental sciences. “The original Personal Orchestra revolutionized virtual orchestration and became the industry standard. I’m excited that this new GPO 5 is a huge leap forward and will continue this revolution in a major way.”
The entire orchestral collection is integrated with a new version of the state-of-the-art ARIA Player and works as a virtual instrument plug-in for notation programs (such as Finale), digital audio workstations, and sequencers, or as a standalone player.